Stag Heavy Duty oil pump

To: stag@digest.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Stag Heavy Duty oil pump
From: Lawrence G Miceli <lgmtr6@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 1999 09:33:02 -0400
I tried to post this last night but it doesn't appear to have been posted
- sorry if it gets duplicated.

I want to fit an uprated oil pump to my Stag to accommodate an oil cooler
installation. I noticed that RImmer Brothers lists a heavy duty oil pump.
I am not talking about the  SAAB pump that severely over-pressures the
system.

Does anyone know anything about these units? Are there any physical
differences between the standard unit and the heavy duty units that would
be visible to the casual observer (i mean not having to take the thing
and have it measured with a micrometer).

I bought what was advertised as an uprated Stag oil pump from eBay from a
shop in Florida. The seller seemed very knowledgeable, and I have no
reason to doubt that the unit is what he represented it to be, but I can
see no difference when matched against a standard unit.

Any comments would be appreciated.
Larry Miceli
Gold Coast Triumph Club
Pompano Beach, Florida