RE: TR3 ball joints

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR3 ball joints
From: "Randall Young" <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 1999 19:11:17 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
You'll probably need to put a jack and wooden block under the spring pan, to
compress the spring a bit and get room between the A arms and spring tower
to remove the cotter pin and nut.  Otherwise it's a straightforward job.

I'd suggest using a clamp-type separator to get the taper pin out of the
vertical link, but a 'pickle fork' will do, if you don't plan to reuse the
ball joint.

Randall
59 TR3A daily driver