Re: TR3 ball joints

To: Randall Young <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: TR3 ball joints
From: fogbro1 <fogbro1@bellatlantic.net>
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 1999 22:22:46 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Randall,

The ball joint was removed and replaced in about an hour. Didn't even
need a block of wood or jack support under the suspension. The lower
wishbone assembly rested on the rubber stop beneath it and allowed the
removal of the ball joint from the vertical link with a bit of help from
a "pickle fork" as you suggested. The fact that everything's dirt, rust
and grease free made things a lot easier; no frozen split pins to deal
with. The chassis was finished in '91. Did the front suspension then,
but cheated and used old ball joints. Like I said, this is the first bad
one I've run across in 40 years. Off to the inspection station to get my
year 2000 sticker tomorrow; a '60 TR3 that's Y2K compliant!!

Thanks for your help.

Ed