tr6 haynes on ebay

To: "''TR6 List' '" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: tr6 haynes on ebay
From: Jim Hill <Jim_Hill@chsra.wisc.edu>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 1999 00:38:26 -0500 charset="windows-1252"

Regarding the $80+? "mint" Haynes Manual on eBay, Peter Zaborski wrote:

> This is a little ridiculous -- you'd think
> the book was some sort of collector's item.
> Jeez, it's just a manual.

I certainly HOPE that the folks who've bid on it (including one identified
as "MGdriver2"!) think of it as a collector's item. The moment they take it
out of the shrink wrap it'll lose half it's value. And the first time they
actually use it (and, by definition, put an oil smudge on it) it's value
will drop to the $15-$25 most everyone else pays for them.

Jim Hill
Madison WI