TR4 Siphon Tube Plug

To: Triumph Email List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR4 Siphon Tube Plug
From: Paul Brandsema <lbc61tr4@usa.net>
Date: 6 Oct 99 06:52:27 MDT
Ok, Brian and Ken have almosted convinced me to switch from closed to open
breather on my 61 TR4.  What I need to know before committing is how to remove
the plug in the block where the siphon tube goes.  Brian removed his by
drilling a hole, inserting a large screw and using a puller.  He did this
while the engine was on a stand.  This is not feasible for me since the engine
is in the car(and I'm not about to remove it).  Any suggestions how I can get
the plug out without having to worry about any debris getting into the block?

TIA
Paul Brandsema
61 TR4  CT133