Re: Excuse my o/d gloat

To: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Excuse my o/d gloat
From: "Power British Performance Parts, Inc." <britcars@powerbritish.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 1999 12:28:56 -0400
Wendy Hart wrote:

> >>That is why if you change tire diameters, you have to
> >>re-calibrate your speedometer to read correctly.  As you >>point out, if
> you jack the car up and run ...
>
> This is a stupid newbie question from someone (me, actually) who bought a 75
> TR6 last summer to learn how to fix cars:
>
> Is it possible to re-calibrate the speedo in these cars? If so, how?
>
> TIA,
> Wendy Hart,
> Erie, PA

Wendy,

Welcome aboard!  There are no stupid questions on this list.

You can do a lot with the speedometer yourself.  Check out lister Tony Rhodes'
web
page at:

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/arhodes/

He has an elaborate section devoted to speedometer repair, and describes how to
do
most repairs yourself.

Cheers!

Brian Schlorff    '61 TR-4     '64 TR-4     '72 TR-6     '79 Spit
     Power British                         Check out Power British
   1242 E. Ridge Pike                            on the 'net!
Plymouth Meeting, PA 19462
    (610) 270-0505                http://www.powerbritish.com/~britcars