Re: Excuse my o/d gloat

To: Jim Altman <jaltman@altlaw.com>, Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Excuse my o/d gloat
From: levilevi@home.com
Date: Sun, 03 Oct 1999 19:35:05 -0600
Hi Jim and others who replied RE: OD RPM/MPH

On further review (it is Sunday after all) and after using the Dan
Masters formula's (now on his website).

I calculated that with my tires 205/70/15 I should have been reading
77.36 MPH at 3000 RPM in overdrive (4th).  And that Jim should have been
going at about 71.6 MPH at 2800 in overdrive (4th) assuming he is
running stock 185/75/15 tires.

So Jim's gages are pretty close and my gages are pretty close (in my
case just the 2 MPH difference due to the tires).  It was my math that
wasn't so good especially when I'm doing long division in my head doing
77.36 MPH down the road.  And probably my timing between mile markers
wasn't so accurate either (a 0.5 second error means about a 1 MPH
error).

So Thank You to everyone who offered their numbers.

Bud Rolofson