Re: Headers and Monza on my GT6+...how much more uuumph?

To: Beth and Ken <BethKen@erols.com>
Subject: Re: Headers and Monza on my GT6+...how much more uuumph?
From: Martin Secrest <msecrest@erols.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 1999 19:42:58 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Beth and Ken wrote:

> My 1970 GT6+ has headers and a Monza free flow exhaust...no other engine
> mods that I know of. Any idea how many more horses are extracted using this
> setup?
>
> ken shapiro
> baltimore
> 1970 GT6+ KC81872L

Nobody knows for sure without having used a dyno, but my guess is about 5.  But
that's
just judging from the way my '73 GT6 behaved after I put in a header and
free-flow
system.

I think the improved exhaust benefits greatly from an improved intake; i.e., a
hotter
cam grind and K&N's ...

By the way, do you still run the stock fan?  Removing this and adding an
electric pusher
helps too, but can make for some finger-biting in the summer, when the temp
needle rides
high and the fan runs ... a lot.

--
Martin Secrest