Exhaust question

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Exhaust question
From: Aribert_Neumann@magna.on.ca
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 1999 15:53:35 -0400

I am looking to replace the resonator on the Monza exhaust system on my GT-6.
I want to reduce the exhaust noise.  I'm tired of every kid in a muscle car
thinking that I'm trying to race them when the light turns green and my exhaust
makes its presence known.   The resonator is basically a glass pack muffler that
sits between the frame rails.  I have searched thru numerous exhaust catalogs
and I have only found two sources for a  2.0 in. dia. inlet/outlet  where the
outer shell is not too large (less than 4 in. OD)  to fit between the frame
rails.  One is a Borla stainless steel unit at $130  and the other is in a JC
Whitney catalog for about $30.  What is the consensus - will the Borla be worth
the extra money?   FWIW, I am unable to fit a stock muffler - I have fit a
(hidden) trailer hitch that occupies the space from the rear frame crossmember
to the rear valence along the vehicle centerline.