Re: Exhaust question

To: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Exhaust question
From: "Power British Performance Parts, Inc." <britcars@powerbritish.com>
Date: Sat, 09 Oct 1999 09:20:16 -0400
Aribert_Neumann@magna.on.ca wrote:

> I am looking to replace the resonator on the Monza exhaust system on my GT-6.
> I want to reduce the exhaust noise.  I'm tired of every kid in a muscle car
> thinking that I'm trying to race them when the light turns green and my
>exhaust
> makes its presence known.   The resonator is basically a glass pack muffler
>that
> sits between the frame rails.  I have searched thru numerous exhaust catalogs
> and I have only found two sources for a  2.0 in. dia. inlet/outlet  where the
> outer shell is not too large (less than 4 in. OD)  to fit between the frame
> rails.  One is a Borla stainless steel unit at $130  and the other is in a JC
> Whitney catalog for about $30.  What is the consensus - will the Borla be
>worth
> the extra money?   FWIW, I am unable to fit a stock muffler - I have fit a
> (hidden) trailer hitch that occupies the space from the rear frame crossmember
> to the rear valence along the vehicle centerline.

Walker/Dynomax makes a chambered tube muffler with a 2" inlet and a 3" overall
diameter that is very reasonably priced and is quite effective at reducing
noise.
There are a variety of lengths available that you should be able to order from
your
favorite Manny, Moe, and Jack outlet.

Part #                Length    (all #'s below are 2" inlet/outlet and 3"
overall
diameter)

17509                20"
17502                24"
17521                30"
17544                48"

Good luck!

Regards,

Brian Schlorff    '61 TR-4     '64 TR-4     '72 TR-6     '79 Spit
     Power British                         Check out Power British
   1242 E. Ridge Pike                            on the 'net!
Plymouth Meeting, PA 19462
    (610) 270-0505                http://www.powerbritish.com/~britcars