RE: Happy Spit

Subject: RE: Happy Spit
From: "David Moag" <moag@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 1999 14:35:56 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
Winnie,

I did NO PREP whatsoever on my Spitfire. The previous paint was not only in
bad shape, but it was not done well. It was metallic blue over what was
originally red, and the red showed in lots of little places when you looked
close. I took their top of the line option for the paint, and had them sand
down most of the car and remove little dings and dents. Total came to just
under $700, took 4 days and has a 5 year guarantee against cracking, fading,
etc. I had never used them before, but had heard from several who had and
were happy with the work. I'd recommend asking around for which local outlet
has a decent reputation. It's not for the "show car" look, but a whole lot
cheaper than that route, and came out way better than I was expecting.

Dave Moag
62 TR3B
77 Spitfire (now a gorgeous "metallic BRG")