5 speed TR4 conversion

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: 5 speed TR4 conversion
From: "Adrian Dix-Dyer" <dixie4@wales.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 1999 23:58:42 +0100charset="iso-8859-1"
OK what vehicle does this Toyota 5 speed gearbox that everyone is going on
about come from?

And why is it sourced from a Toyota?. Why not a BMW? or even a Merc? at
least Germany is in Europe!

Am I just being difficult, but why was the gearbox not sourced from another
British vehicle i.e. a Ford Sierra (there are thousands of these in UK
breakers yards available in servicable order from $75)?

I personally would not adulterate my TR4A with a Jap 'box however some do,
with the obvious penalty of a diminished value but why?. What is wrong with
having a 7 speed too many ratios?

Have I missed something?

The lists' views I would like to hear.

Adrian