RE: 5 speed TR4 conversion

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: 5 speed TR4 conversion
From: "Randall Young" <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 10:04:02 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
I'm not familiar with the details, but my guess would be that the Toyota box
requires fewer modifications to fit the TR than other units do.  Since I
haven't heard of an adapter plate required, the bellhousing must match well
enough to be redrilled.  And for the price being charged, I would guess that
the Toyota input shaft can be modified to match the TR clutch.

Plus, the German carmakers have rather a reputation for grossly overcharging
for spares sold outside of Europe ...

Randall