Re: TR6 front coil spring colors

To: "Cregg Cowan" <cowan@erg.sri.com>
Subject: Re: TR6 front coil spring colors
From: "Tom Di Iulio" <diiulio@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 06:37:29 -0600charset="iso-8859-1"
    can't give you a definitive answer, but the original springs had a
stripe of color on the fronts and rears. a fellow at trf helped me identify
which was which and actually has a reference indicating what color the
factory used. and when i say "stripe", the term is used loosely, as it looks
more like a dab of paint that ran along the top coil or so.
    grey was on the rears and green on the fronts. the new ones i received
from bpnw did not have any color at all and are 25% stiffer and about 1/2"
shorter, both front and back. just wanted to add to the confusion.....
Tom Di Iulio
1976 TR6 (chassis back on wheels!)
Denver, Co.