TR6 front coil spring colors

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 front coil spring colors
From: Cregg Cowan <cowan@erg.sri.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 10:06:42 -0700
Cc: cowan@erg.sri.com
Fellow Sufferers,

I'm replacing the front springs on my daily driver TR6 (as the next step
towards correcting a noticeable sag on the driver's side).

I ordered stock springs from Moss.  The old springs have a green spot and
about 5 coils.  However, the new ones I received have blue and green paint
spots, about 8 coils and seem much stiffer.  I couldn't find a spring color
chart on VTR's site.  Can anyone identify these springs?

I'm running SPAX front shocks, set all the way soft (and they're still too
hard!), stock rear springs and HD lever shocks.  With the old setup, I
quickly learned every new bump or pot hole on my regular routes because the
ride is so rough). It seems likely that the new springs will make this even
worse.  OTOH, maybe the new springs will be a better match for the SPAX
shocks, at some yet-to-be-determined setting.  Please advise.  (BTW, does
someone's site describe suspension options for 6's?)

I will definitely call Moss, but I wanted to get your collective wisdom as
well.

TIA,
Cregg Cowan
71 TR6 CC63192L