Oil Drain Plug Stuck

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Oil Drain Plug Stuck
From: dane trSix <dbtr6@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 10:12:05 -0700 (PDT)

The oil drain plug on my 73 TR6 is stuck, and I'm
afraid of ruining it by using too much force. I'm
trying to get it off, but it does not move at all.
Should I try to remove it while the engine is cold or
warm - depending on the properties of the metal in the
plug and the oil pan, they might expand differently at
different temps. Anybody with a good trick ? The drain
plug is about the only place my car is not leaking -
now I know why. I wonder how they were able to remove
it last time I took it in for service - I know they
would never dream about charging me $20 for an oil
change without changing the oil. The u-joints are
squeaking despite I always tell them to remember to
lub all them - should I ask them next time how many
lub points they actually found ?

Thanks,
Dane

=====