Re: TR6 lower crash pad attachment

To: "Steve Chandler" <steve@obagy.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 lower crash pad attachment
From: "Brian Sanborn" <sanborn@net1plus.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 21:15:32 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Steve,

My experience is from a TR4... but the parts are interchangeable.  They are
held on by studs attached to a frame inside the foam and vinyl.   The studs
go through holes in the metal dash backing.  The ends are attached by
wrapping metal tabs around the dash metal edges.

So it's all mechanical attachment no glues. Fairly easy to do.... if you
have the dash out.  Maybe others can comment on doing it with minimal dasd
disassembly.

Brian Sanborn
62 TR4          CT16260L  - Groton,  MA

My TR4 Restoration Web Site