Re: TR6 Questions

To: Ken Waringa <kwaringa@dynsys.com>
Subject: Re: TR6 Questions
From: linda long <lalong@vt.edu>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 21:04:54 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Ken,
The chrome "overriders" or nerf bars were installed by the dealers.  I
bought my '76TR6 new in Lexington Mass. off the showroom floor.  The dealer
had already installed the nerf bar on the back bumper.  Said he did that
because of all the parallel parking in the Boston area.  The nerf bar would
protect the rear tail lenses from those driving intense 'merican mid-70's
iron as they used the Braille method so commonly used to park in Boston.  As
luck would have it I couldn't afford the insurance for a 22 year old, took
the T to work for three years, and started to enjoy the car when I got
transferred to Dallas  in 1980.  I don't see many TR6's with nerf bars at
shows.  But the ones I do see tend to have only the rear bar and they are
always chrome.  It also comes in handy when I have to pull myself up from
under the rear of the car.  Also, the Bentleys that I bought in 1977 (for
the outrageous price then of 19.99) does have the wiring diagrams for the
various TR6 years.

Tom Long
Blacksburg, VA

'64TR4