Re: TR4 rear check straps

To: CarlSereda@aol.com
Subject: Re: TR4 rear check straps
From: Dianne and Peter Fullam <dfullam@albany.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 00:41:35 +0000
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

Hi Carl,

If you hit a bump in a TR4 without the rear check straps, the rear U-joint will
hit the drive shaft tunnel.

If you hit a big enough bump in a fully loaded TR4 _with_ the rear check straps,
the rear U-joint will still hit the driveshaft tunnel. Guess how I know this.
(Two of us, with all our Stuff, going to/from a VTR, big Whomp over a bad RR
crossing. BTW, the rear tires did not hit the fender wells.)

The check straps are there for a reason. Don't leave home without them.

Cheers,
Pete Fullam
CT19207L