plexiglas rear windows

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: plexiglas rear windows
From: bill williams <wuffo_97@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 12:22:03 -0700 (PDT)

OK,,, i have solved the problem of the scratches on
the hardtop for my TR3A. i used 3M imperial finishing
glaze... then the novus #3 polish,,, then the novus #2
polish... then the novus cleaner,, almost looks goood
as new,,,NOW the BIG problem...

 a few questions of those who have done this.

 1>how in the name of all that is holy do you get that
rear window into the gasket?? i am at a loss unless
you have  as many arms as vishnu..doest the gasket go
on the top THEN put the window in??? or does the
gasket go on the WINDOW THEN into the top??,( the
least likely scenario i think)

2> how do you get the top to fit without fouling the
pull the dot studs in the back of the cockpit?

3>how is the gasket on the FRONT of the top held in
place?? if screws... what kind??

4> unrelated to tops...
i seem to remeber reading an article some where....
maybe moss motors newsletter,,,, telling of using
high pressure grease in steering boxes... has anyone
tried this?? or does anyone have stong feelings about
this one way or the other??

5> and finally....  can anyone put me in touch with
whoever sends out the awards that were won at the
VTR??? i seem to have lost the adress...

TIA
 bill varnum

61 TR3A.... daily driver.. i drive it,,, just not over
50 miles away
60 TR3A.... put out to stud
58 TR3A....languishing in my garage

=====