Re: plexiglas rear windows

To: "bill williams" <wuffo_97@yahoo.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: plexiglas rear windows
From: "Brian Sanborn" <sanborn@net1plus.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 1999 09:27:43 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Bill,

On the window question... I am not familiar with the TR3 hardtop... but if
mounts like the windscreen on a TR4... that is, with a rubber gasket with a
groove for the glass and a groove for the edge of the opening.... then I
have a well known trick that might help.

Put the gasket on the glass first and then run a length of strong cotton
cord around and in the outer groove.  Overlap the cord at least 18" at the
bottom.  Now with some help... put glass with the gasket and string into
the hole by engaging the edge on the bottom first.

If your helper holds the glass pushing to keep in place... you go around
and start pulling on one end of the string.  You will find that the string
will pull the lip of the gasket over the edge of the hole as you pull on
the string.  Go slowly around the whole edge and bingo it's in.

This really works... I used it on my TR4 windshield with my wife as helper.

Brian Sanborn
62 TR4          CT16260L  - Groton,  MA

My TR4 Restoration Web Site
http://www.net1plus.com/users/sanborn/Home.html