TR3 Clever Bonnet Hold-Down Idea Needed

Subject: TR3 Clever Bonnet Hold-Down Idea Needed
From: "David Moag" <moag@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 20:01:36 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
Hello All,

The last time I drove with a bonnet on the car, it blew off and hit me in
the head. That was with no apron either. So now I've got the apron
(somewhat) mounted and I've put the bonnet back on. I don't want to put the
nice new dzus fasteners in yet, because the body is all rough and I'll be
getting it painted in just a few weeks. But I need to drive it short
distances in the meantime to complete things.

So ... anyone have any clever ideas of what I might do to hold down the
bonnet for the short term? The car is still in definite shake-down mode so I
need to be able to open it up fairly often. I've got the brackets that the
dzus fasteners will eventually latch to installed, and they line up with the
holes in the bonnet.

Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Dave Moag
62 TR3B
77 Spitfire