Re: TR3 Clever Bonnet Hold-Down Idea Needed

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR3 Clever Bonnet Hold-Down Idea Needed
From: Geo Hahn <geohahn@azstarnet.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 22:02:26 -0700
David Moag wrote:

> So ... anyone have any clever ideas of what I might do to hold down the
> bonnet for the short term? ....   I've got the brackets that the
> dzus fasteners will eventually latch to installed, and they line up with the
> holes in the bonnet.

Can't you just put the Dzus fasteners thru the holes without the retaining
washer & grommet installed?  I think they will hold the bonnet down just fine
but still pop out readily.  I pretty sure of this because I have one that pops
out but it still holds down okay.

Otherwise, you could drive without the bonnet.... you'll know right away if
anything's leaking.

Geo Hahn
59 TR3A