RE: tr6 side window fitting

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: tr6 side window fitting
From: Gernot von Hoegen <avac@totalise.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 1999 16:40:32 +0100
>===== Original Message From Kramer <kramer@subzero.iceinet.com> =====
>>
>Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 18:23:42 +0100
>From: Gernot von Hoegen <avac@totalise.co.uk>
>Subject: tr6 side window fitting
>

>Folks, question, on my car the rubber that held the window in the runner
>has
>perished so I thought, ah just buy a new rubber and bang it in. Not so,
>the
>window will only sit in the rubber and subsequently its runner about
>2-3mm
>deep without major application of force. Any tricks here apart from may
>be
>boiling the rubber?
>
>Thanks, Gernot
--
>Hi Gernot!
>       First of all I want to let you know that I own a TR4/A not a TR6, but I
>thought that they are the same doors, that's why I'm responding. If my
>suggestion does not apply the Please - disreguard my suggestion.
>       I'm not clear on your discription of "rubber" >that held the window in
>the runner? In my Window Channel it had a "velvet" textile material that
>had a slight "rubber" ridge like [I think it was a glue] on the outside
>edge. Instead of purchasing a new Window Channel [I was very low on
>$money,at this point of restoration, & the Channle was still in good
>shape]. I went tho the "Drug store" [US term, Chemist shore? I think
>it's called in the UK] & purcgased some: Tuff skin or Mold skin or
>Second skin {I can't remember the proper name}. It's a fur like texture
>that has an adhisive on the back. It's used in hiking when on starts to
>get a blister befor it breaks its bubble. I just cut it into strips &
>installed it into the track of the channle.
>       Again I'm not sure if this is of any help to your application to your
>problem.
>-Cosmo Kramer

Cosmo, talking about mole skin?

anyhow, you are near the problem but not quite, not the window channels but
the horizontal bit, that connects the glass with the winder mechanism.

  Sachverständige für das Kraftfahrzeugwesen
             Rütscher Str.22
               52072 Aachen
                 Germany
Tel. (0044) 0241/159406 Fax (0044) 0241/159972
        Mobil (0044) 0171/5283280
Website http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Garage/1048