Question re: dash top and facia replacement

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Question re: dash top and facia replacement
From: "Beth and Ken" <BethKen@erols.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 1999 18:22:28 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
The $45 dash tops that VB sells for spits/GT6...what are they like...how do
they install?

Also, I'm trying to avois the $250 for a new facia. My thought is to plane
off the top 1/8" or so and veneer the dash. Anybody out there tried this
one? My Lotus Europa's dash was veneered originally, so I just removed the
old venner and re-veneered it. It looked great, and held up. Besides, you
can get some outrageous, beautiful veneers for a lot les money than one of
those new dashes.

ken shapiro
baltimore
1970 GT6+ KC81872L