TR3 Rear Springs

To: Truimph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR3 Rear Springs
From: Gene Sanders <sanders@unlimited.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 1999 00:08:21 -0700
I have already installed the rear springs on my 60 TR3A after complete
disassembly. I used a small 12ton press to rearc to match all the leafs
so I have twin springs. I even sanded/feathered out the wear spots under
the ends of  each leaf.  I put one small plate/spacer on each side.
I remember  there were one on each side when took them apart.  I have an
original service manual and a Haynes workshop manual. There is nothing
in either that says to put the two short plates on the passenger side,
although I've heard  some discussion about this before. Please does
anyone know for sure before I put my body on. It would be easier to
change now.

Gene