More Questions on Painting a Bdoy Shell

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: More Questions on Painting a Bdoy Shell
From: Harrymague@aol.com
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 1999 11:51:51 EDT
For those of you who gave me your thoughts on how to paint my new body shell,
thanks. I painted each panel, the shell disassembled, then as I put the panel
on. Now that I have had it painted, I don't like they way it turned out.  The
paint itself was outstanding but as I began to put it back together the seams
along the rear fender didn't look right.  With paint on all the edges, I am
fairly sure that the rust question is gone.  But with no seam sealer/filler,
the gaps in the seam on the rear fenders is unacceptable.  I believe that I
should seam seal these areas, then repaint as the car was done originally.
Any thoughts out there?????
Thanks again for everybody's help.
Harry Mague
Rome, NY