RE: On the road again

Subject: RE: On the road again
From: Gernot von Hoegen <avac@totalise.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 17:40:09 +0100
>After installing a new clutch master cylinder I then proceeded to follow
>what the manual says for bleeding the clutch.  Yes I removed 1/2 the
>interior and then realized at 12:30am this morning that I simply needed to
>reach the bleed nipple from the engine compartment. :-(

good laugh ;-))

>all was okay, somewhat cool.  I noticed the clutch didn't disengage until
>about 2 inches from the floor.  Also, the clutch pedal hole where the master
>cylinder pin goes has been worn into an oval.  Also, once I started the car
>my wipers started going and no matter which setting will not turn off, in
>the end I pulled the connector off the wiper motor.
>
>This has me now asking 3 questions:
>
>1/ Can the clutch be adjusted?

dunno, don't have a spit

>2/ Where can I get a replacement clutch pedal?  Or can I repair the one I
>have?

weld the hole up, preferably with an oxy welder and redrill the hole, equals
new pedal!

  Sachverständige für das Kraftfahrzeugwesen
             Rütscher Str.22
               52072 Aachen
                 Germany
Tel. (0044) 0241/159406 Fax (0044) 0241/159972
        Mobil (0044) 0171/5283280
Website http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Garage/1048