Vacuum advance clarification

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Vacuum advance clarification
From: "HARRIS, ALAN J" <AHARRIS@entergy.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 12:15:26 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"

Randall,
My distributor only has vacuum Retard and centrifugal advance.  I
disconnected the vacuum retard when I was initially trying to get the engine
running after a rebuild.  It seems to run okay, so I didn't reconnect it.
Should I reconnect the vacuum retard and advance the timing so they balance
at idle, but have more advance at greater throttle positions?

Alan Harris
69 TR6

above in ref to: