TR-3A - Spax are great!

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR-3A - Spax are great!
From: John Cowan <jfcowan@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 13:05:03 -0700
Cc: Fergie <fergie@ntplx.net>, "Dr. Robert Carley" <rcarley@uoguelph.ca>, Randall Young <ryoung@navcomtech.com>, "Antonia Cowan" <ACowan1018@worldnet.att.net>, bob.annand@ns.sympatico.ca (bob annand), Brian Kemp <bk13@earthlink.net>, rtriplett@bjservices.com, LLoyd G Nolan <soothsayer@redshift.com>
   Last week I replaced the 35 or 40 year old front shocks on my '60 TR-3A
with a pair of Spax adjustables.  What a difference!    I have them
adjusted to half range and handling feels better in all situations.  Most
importantly, the sickening dive and sense of imminent uncontrollability in
tight turns to the right are gone.  (One of the old shocks is obviously
shot.  Must have been the left.  The other, surprisingly, feels ok.)
   Unfortunately, the annoying shimmy at 53 MPH is still present.  For
belated thanks and a report on tracking this problem, see the following
message.
   John Cowan
   BTW, I read that Spax is in receivership.  I certainly hope they survive
as suppliers for our cars.

Visit - In Their Own Words Website - an on-line non-commercial publishing
experiment, plus movie reviews, articles and Left/Progressive links at:
                           http://home.earthlink.net/~jfcowan