TR3 water pump

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3 water pump
From: Thomas Fansher <tfansher@bitstorm.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 1999 12:33:14 -0400
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 1999 12:31:14 -0400
From: Thomas Fansher <tfansher@bitstorm.net>
To: triumphs@auto.team.net

A beautiful day for a top down ride in the TR3.  The twenty seven year
old water pump went!!!  Oh well, can always drive the TR4 today. But the
SE VTR gathering is this weekend, so need help in  a hurry.  With all
the discussion on water pumps over the past couple of years, I need some
questions answered.  Which of the Big Three has a more acceptable pump?
Mine was a replacement with out the grease nipple so probably can't be
rebuilt, right?  I looked in my TRF catalog and can't find a parts
number to order, can anyone help with this.  I can next day air
order tomorrow and should be in good shape for Thursday. I do have the
Moss number for the "removable pulley" model, which is what I have, is
this the best one to order, or do I go with the one with the pressed on
pulley ( my pulley is fine as far as I know).  I do remember to not
overtighten the belt, as this causes premature water pump death.
Any help would of course be appreciated.
Tom Fansher
DeBary, FL
61 TR3
62 TR4