FW: TR6

To: "Triumph" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: FW: TR6
From: "Bob Danielson" <75trsix@snet.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 00:18:30 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
  From: Ian Viles [mailto:ianviles@derbysmoths.freeserve.co.uk]
  Sent: Saturday, October 23, 1999 5:20 PM
  To: rdaniels@snet.net
  Subject: TR6

  Dear Sir
  I really enjoyed reading the story of your TR6 restoration on the
Internet. I recently fulfilled a dream and bought a 1973 TR6PI. The car was
extensively rebuilt 2 years ago - new panels and engine rebuild. However,
the previous owner did not finish the job - so I have some work do do over
the winter months. The interior is scruffy, and some sensible modifications
are planned - Bosch fuel pump, new metering unit etc. The latter is needed
because England goes lead free on 1/1/2000. Lead free melts the seals in the
metering unit!
  I wonder if you would be willing/able to give me some advice. The side
windows will not close. The leading edge hits the screen pillar when three
quarters shut. Can I adjust the side window fit, or can I only solve the
problem by adjusting the screen frame rake? I am concerned that the hood
will not longer fit if I do the latter.
  Regards
  Ian Viles
  Derbyshire, England