Stromberg Carb Rebuild

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Stromberg Carb Rebuild
From: "Ken Waringa" <kwaringa@dynsys.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 07:21:53 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
My recently purchased 71 TR6 runs fair, but isn't idling very good.  I have
set the points, timing, etc, but still rough.  The compression in all
cylinders is around 160.  Last night I noticed the bottoms of both carbs
were wet with fuel after running for about 5 minutes.  I've rebuilt and
worked with the SU carbs on MGs, but never had any experience with
Strombergs.  Any advice, words of wisdom would be appreciated before I tear
into these carbs.  I have already downloaded the tuning procedures from VTR.

I hope to start painting the car next week and want to get it on the road as
soon as possible to enjoy this weather.  In between filling and priming I
need to get it running smoother.

Thanks

Ken Waringa
71 TR6