Re: TR3A Pistons and Liners

To: "Paul Schneider" <schneidr@mc.net>
Subject: Re: TR3A Pistons and Liners
From: Brian Sanborn <sanborn@net1plus.com>
Date: Wed, Oct 27 1999 9:25:52 GMT-0400
Cc: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
>I need a set of pistons and liners for my TR3A.  Any connents on Moss
>814-300 "AE" sets vs a non AE 814-305?  The non-AE is $100 less.

Paul,

Before you start the research... verify that the parts are actually available.
I was where you are last year and when I went to place an order... TRF and Moss
had nothing.

I ended up using an 87mm set from BPNW and it worked out fine.  The machine
shop  guy I used was a fancy racing engine builder in his main business and he
was very impressed with the quality.  The pistons were from a German mfg named
Mahule?? and the rings were Deves. They also have the other sizes if you want
to stay with original TR3 displacement.

Brian Sanborn
'62 TR4 CT16260  Groton,MA
TR4 Website www.net1plus.com/users/sanborn/home.html