RE: Englands' Best 'No-Lead' Additives

To: "'Erik Quackenbush'" <erik@midwestfilter.com>, Randall <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Subject: RE: Englands' Best 'No-Lead' Additives
From: Davies William-qswi646 <QSWI646@email.mot.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 08:44:46 +0100charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
> The active ingredient in most octane boosters is toluene. You
> can buy a
> gallon of toluene at the hardware store (in the paint
> department) for a lot
> less than you can buy a can of octane booster...

There has been considerable concern over the levels of Toluene and Benzene
used in Unleaded Petrol here in the UK, because both are considered as
powerful carcinogens. My wife is a development chemist for a major
lubricants manufacturer, and serious restrictions are placed on the use of
these in the workplace. I am very surprised that this kind of stuff is
available over the counter....

                            This Message sent by:
    ^================^
   /                  \     William Davies
  /                    \    Total Triumph Enthusiast
/  \  ______  ______  /  \  1959 Herald 948 Coupé Y128
\__/  \     ||     /  \__/  1959 Herald 948 Coupé
\________________________/  1964 Herald 1200 Saloon
 | |                  | |   1970 Spitfire MkIII
 |_|                  |_|   1973 Spitfire MkIV
                            1959 Standard Atlas Pickup