Widscreen washer Q.

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Widscreen washer Q.
From: John Gillis <jgillis@tcd.ie>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 13:10:19 +0000
Hello list,
        I have returned from a trip to the U.K where I went to check out
the work being carried out on my TR2 shell, to say I was pleased would be
an understatement. TR Bitz have excelled themselves, and the quality of
prperation has to be seen to be believed. The car will be painted black
with red interior. The question I have relates to one of the many bits and
pieces I am currently sorting. I have in my posession a Tudor windscreen
washer pump (not unlike the one on e-bay at the moment, except with a white
knob). Where would be the usual area on the dash for this item, or would it
be fitted to a bracket below the dash. I know these washers were dealer
fitted and as such  probably moved about a bit. I just wonder if the action
of pumping would not put strain on the thin sheet metal of the dash in that
area.

John Gillis
1954 TR2 TS3618. October 1954 (ground up)
1964 Triumph 3TA 350cc (a little gem)
Trinity College
Dublin,
IRELAND.