Re: Wipers started running on my 1966 TR4A!

To: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Wipers started running on my 1966 TR4A!
From: Roger Elliott <relliott@cjnetworks.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 1999 21:45:18 -0600
Tom,

My girlfriend has a TR250.  It developed a tendency for the wipers to come on at
the strangest times.  After struggling with it for a while, she discovered the
problem and corrected it.

The hood bumper stop had come loose. The bumper is located right above the wiper
motor, so with the nut loose loose the bolt  actually touched the ground
connection on the wiper motor and made a complete circuit.

Roger Elliott.