Re: TR3 Radiator Shroud

Subject: Re: TR3 Radiator Shroud
From: Randall <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2000 09:11:01 -0800
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Jeff :

According to Piggott, the shroud was first fitted at TS40104, so your 58
probably never did have one.  I have TS39781, and have never seen any
indication that it originally had the shroud, although I've added the
one from Moss.

IMO it only helps with overheating at speed, so if you don't have that
problem, I believe you could safely leave it out.  OTOH, with it painted
body color and the grille and bumpers in place, it's almost impossible
to notice.  Lacking any instructions or later cars to compare to, I
installed mine without any new holes, locating it only by bolts through
where the bumper upright supports should be.  It has stayed in place
reasonably well, and is still serviceable after some 17 years.

BTW, would you please turn off HTML when posting to the list ?  As you
may have noticed, the list server does not handle it correctly (and
actually 'correctly' is defined as ignoring it), which generates a lot
of garbage that gets sent to everyone.
 Although it's just an irritant to those of us with unmetered
connections, there are those on the list who pay by the minute to
download this stuff.

Randall
59 TR3A daily driver