RE: TR3 Radiator Shroud

To: "'Randall'" <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Subject: RE: TR3 Radiator Shroud
From: "Westerdale, Bob" <bwesterdale@edax.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2000 12:32:37 -0500 charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Arguably, the shroud also helps when the car is not moving, as it prevents (
to some degree) the tendency for the fan to recirculate its own hot air.  (
the air pulled through the radiator is
otherwise free to return to the front of the radiator)  Of course the shroud
is not a very good seal,  but it probably increases the chances that the
radiator will be drawing some fresh air in through the grill.   Every little
bit helps!
B Westerdale

Randall Wrote:
IMO it only helps with overheating at speed, so if you don't have that
problem, I believe you could safely leave it out.