Stuck brake bleeders

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Stuck brake bleeders
From: "Sumner Weisman" <sweisman@gis.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 09:19:25 -0500
Hi listers,
Penetrating oil may not work its way down to where it's jammed, at the very
bottom of the hole.  I have been over-rambunctious two different times, and
sheared off a rear brake nipple that a DPO over-tightened.  It's not too
bad.  You have to bring the assembly into the shop, put it in a vice, and
drill it out and retap.  I don't recall the tap size, but I now keep a
bottoming tap for just that purpose.  I learned the hard way, you do NOT
over-tighten brake nipples.  They are very soft and will shear.  Just
tighten them enough so that they will not leak or loosen up.

Sumner Weisman
62 TR3B

. I started
with the slave cylinder furthest from the master and found the nipple
seized
solid,I tried the other rear cylinder and it was the same.I left both of
these
soaking in penetrating oil.Next I tried the front cylinders,these where ok
but I couldn't get any fluid to flow,so I gave up for the night and had to
suffer the comments from my wife.
I must have lots of air in the master cylinder ,I shall remove the pipes
from the cylinder tonight and see if I can get some flow. I'm not sure
what¹s best for the rear nipples,don't want to snap them  ,any ideas.

Thanks

Cameron