Re: Halogen Headlamps for Spitfire

To: "The List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Halogen Headlamps for Spitfire
From: "Steve Nabors" <topdown@eudoramail.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 23:12:54 -0800
I replaced my 7" regular tungsten bulbs with the cheapo $7-8 sealed up GE
halogen bulbs I found at any Walmartfor my TR6. Yes, I noticed a difference in
the bulb being a brighter whiter light as the old ones looked dimmer and
yellower. I'd say on road use that visibility has increased about 15-20
percent.

My battery voltage is at 12.4 volts and at the bulbs 11.9 volts so I'll assume
my wiring is adequate for the newer bulbs as half a volt loss on switch and
wiring isnt too bad. Eventually I'll add a relay, anyone with any suggestions
on economical relays as something is better than nothing?