Re: Halogen Headlamps for Spitfire

Subject: Re: Halogen Headlamps for Spitfire
From: Randall <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2000 00:30:07 -0800
Cc: The List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Steve :

Good ole J.Z.Witless sells a 30 amp relay for $3.95, or $5.95 for the
'kit' with connector/harness.  I've been using a pair of them (one for
high beam, one for low) with high power halogens on my Chevy for about 5
years with no problems.

They also sell a dual headlight relay (two relays in the same can) for
$18.95, which makes a neater installation with much less effort, but the
one I put in my TR3 about 10 years ago has been giving me trouble for
several years now.  There was no current rating apparent (the
instructions were for installing on a Model T Ford <g>), so I'd guess it
was only designed for sealed beams, not halogens.  Of course, it might
also be from being next to all that Lucas wiring <g>

Randall