Car Alarm in a TR6

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Car Alarm in a TR6
From: "Radley, Jack" <JackR@SHRIVERCO.COM>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 08:15:20 -0500 charset="iso-8859-1"
I picked up a cheap car alarm at Sams - about $40.  It is made by a company
called bulldog, is relatively small, connects with only one wire and detects
current changes (opening door or glove box will trigger it) and vibration.
Just looking for a little inexpensive peace of mind when I park the car and
leave it open.

Does anyone have experience with this system?

Any recommendations on where to mount?

I am considering putting it inside the car, in the passenger footwell since
most of the time I drive the car the top will be down.   I would suspect the
noise will come through the soft top on the occassions that it is up.
Looking around under the hood, a good location didn't appear quickly, plus I
would rather keep it out of sight - for originality purposes, etc.

Any ideas?