Spitfire project wanted

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Spitfire project wanted
From: "sujit roy" <sujitroy@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2000 10:06:49 PST
I need some advice on looking for a Spitfire as a project for my wife.
I haven't done any research, but am looking for a late 1500 or mark IV shape
, (the back end somewhat looks like a Stags) but with chrome bumpers.
I need to look for a car that doesn't require a smog so that means pre 73
-74
If anyone knows of a complete car lying around, in the San Jose, bay area,
that needs a good home. I'm interested.

What should I look out for.
What web sites are a good place to start me off?

Sujit