Road America (Was: Oran Park) - Pictures

To: "'Trmgafun@aol.com'" <Trmgafun@aol.com>
Subject: Road America (Was: Oran Park) - Pictures
From: Jim Hill <Jim_Hill@chsra.wisc.edu>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2000 12:16:22 -0600
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

Scott Helms wrote:

> I'm also working on a vintage racing page that includes
> pictures my friend Joe Carlson and I have taken at Road America over the
> years . . . and will be edited and  upgraded over  time . . . .

The pictures you've put up are terrific - especially the ones in panoramic
format!

> At the time some of the pictures had been taken, I hadn't taken notes
about
> some of the cars, their history, or their drivers, because I wasn't
thinking
> about adding them to a web page and wasn't worried about details.  If any
of
> you have some details to add to them, I'd really appreciate it.

Join the club - I've got hundreds of photos of vintage race cars (including
some I took when the cars were original and years away from being
"vintage"). All taken because the cars were cool, with no thought to the
later importance of knowing the details. Too soon old, too late smart.

But even if you don't have details on all the cars and drivers on your web
page (yet), it might be helpful to note the name (BRIC, ELVF, etc.) and year
of the event - that may shake some memories loose as to who's on the track.

Jim Hill
Madison WI
(For another image of RA, check out
http://www.thelittlemacshop.com/trsite/pages/jimhill69tr6.html)      :-)