RE: TR6 wheels on a TR4A

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR6 wheels on a TR4A
From: "Randall" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2000 17:48:06 -0800charset="iso-8859-1"
Mark :

Looks pretty good, except 205/70 tires strike me as a little tall for a TR4.
I believe your original tires would have been 155/80 (like my TR3A), which
makes the 205/70s about 1.5" taller.  They will also make your speedo read
low by about 6%.

There's a set of TR6 wheels on eBay
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=247820730 and
shipping shouldn't be too bad.  Go to
http://www.ups.com/using/services/rave/rate.html to get a price for shipping
to your location.

The D65 (which is a "touring" tire) isn't what I would choose for a TR, but
suit yourself.  My Yokohama AVS-I "Ultra high performance" tires won't last
as long, or ride quite as smooth, but they sure stick to the road !
TireRack ( http://www.tirerack.com ) has them for about $75/tire.

Randall
59 TR3A daily driver