Re: Monza dual mufflers

To: "The List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Monza dual mufflers
From: "Steve Nabors" <topdown@eudoramail.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2000 21:33:36 -0800
Robert,
I like the stock system. I like the looks of the Monza too. I wanted something
louder(nice low tone) that gets a little roudier than the quiet stock but less
than the Monza. On the advice of Martin Gonzales(a lister with a similar
system), I had a local muffler shop replace my pipes from the down pipes all
the way back and put dual Dynamax Turbo Mufflers(part#17777) inline.  You can
use the existing stock pipes.   In fact, Martin used the stainless pipe set
sold by one of the big three. For my setup, both of the two rear pipes will
have to be modified(if not replaced). I had mine come out the rear somewhat
like the stock exhaust except with one pipe curving out to each rear
corner(instead of two on one side stock style). They sound great. They look
great. No ground clearance problems. Sorry, no web site but if you want pics
I'll send them off list.

Steve Nabors
B'ham AL
'74 TR6