TR6 AC fuel pump stripped threads: solution?

To: "'Triumph Digest List'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 AC fuel pump stripped threads: solution?
From: John Jacobsen-Watts <johnw@wrq.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2000 06:23:28 -0800 charset="iso-8859-1"
Short story is this: to what oversize thread should/can I recut the threads
in the body of an AC fuel pump on a TR6?

Long story: My TR6's AC fuel has been leaking at both the dome top to body
seal and under the bolt holding on the dome as well. I pulled and rebuilt
the unit and, upon reinstallation, realized that the pump was continuing to
leak from the same points. A few additional turns on the top nut holding the
dome and the entire dome, nut, and stud that HAD been in the body of the
pump pulled right out of the body of the pump itself. Inspection shows that
previous owner had a stud (not the original nut) in the body of the pump.
Looks like something under or about a metric 6 x .1.

Are new AC pumps available? Is JBWeld as good as they say? Will the stench
of gas ever get out of my garage?

Thanks in advance,
John
johnw@wrq.com