Re: TR6 AC fuel pump stripped threads: solution?

To: "John Jacobsen-Watts" <johnw@wrq.com>
Subject: Re: TR6 AC fuel pump stripped threads: solution?
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical-iwnet@lineone.net>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2000 18:06:38 -0000charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "List Triumph" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Hi John
I opened mine out to 1/4"UNF but if yours is already stripped at 6mm this
may not leave much thread. You could perhaps try 9/32" BSF(26TPI) though a
tap and screws or die to make your own screws could be hard to find! Tapping
drill for this size is 15/64" Yes you should be able to find a new pump
though not necessarily A/C, I think there is an Italian made unit that is
very similar in appearance to the original.

Graham.