A little of everything: engine, archives, listers in Virginia

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: A little of everything: engine, archives, listers in Virginia
From: "Stephane St-Amant" <steph71tr6@crosswinds.net>
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2000 22:02:13 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Hello all,

Well, the heart of the beast is now out!!! Yep, today was the day the engine
came out.  What a messy job that was!.  All those oily nuts and bolts!!!
Well... I guess that those multiple leaks have a good side: NO RUSTED NUTS
AND BOLTS near the engine and the tranny, even after 13 years in a barn, in
Canada!!! ;-)

Unfortunately, I couldn't put the engine on the stand 'cause I don't have
the right size bolt. (will have to make a trip to Canadian Tire tomorrow).
I was going to ask you a dumb question about where to attach the stand to
the engine but somebody already asked about it and found the answer in the
archives (great source of info!!!)  and strangely enough, the guy who ask
the question title is e-mail "Some possibly dumb questions!".

Anyway, I discovered something odd while taking the engine out.  Since I got
the car 3 months ago, I always thought that the engine was seized (couldn't
turn the pullies at the front no matter how hard I tried).  But today, I
noticed that the flywheel was spinning, not freely, but like it was actually
tunring the crankshaft and all, but still, not movement from the front pully
(the one where the fan attach to). Is it normal???

Lastly, I will be in Alexandria, VA from Feb 20 to Feb 26 2000.  If anybody
is taking an engine out (I know how now, wow!!  8-) ), needs  another pair
of hands, wanna show off their car or just need a reason to go out, have a
beer and talk about cars?  Just contact me off list.  I may be able to get
some free time in the evenings while I'm there.  I'd like to meet some of
you guys.  It's always nice to put a face to a name!!!

CIAO for now.

Steph
'71 TR6 (The boxes are piling up, gutted and now in a heated garage!!!
WooHoo, amazing what you can do with an empty box of cereals!!!)